Skip Navigation LinksThe School » School Life » Boarding » Beaufort

Beaufort

Beaufort House opened as girls’ boarding house in 1996. It lies on the eastern border of the grounds and overlooks the fourth green of the school’s golf course. It is named after Lady Margaret Beaufort, who was granted Canford Manor in 1485 by her son Henry VII.

 


Housemistress

Clare Ives

An Old Canfordian, Clare achieved a First Class Honours Degree and a Doctorate in History at the University of St Andrews. She researched her Ph.D in America and, on returning to St Andrews to complete her dissertation, also taught Undergraduates. She contributed to Student Protest: The Sixties and After, published in 1998.  After working in the Civil Service for some years, she decided to return to teaching and took up a post at Canford in 2008 and was Head of History from January 2012 until August 2014. At A-level, Clare teaches both Early Modern and Late Modern options, with a special interest in American History. She is in charge of preparation of History Oxbridge candidates, runs the Layard Society and helps coordinate the Lower Sixth Enrichment programme. Clare also coaches Hockey, Netball and Tennis.

 

Contact

Tel: 01202 847302

Fax: 01202 847310

Clare Ives cei@canford.com

Sharon Curtis spc@canford.com

Please note: Housemistresses have full-time teaching commitments, coach sports and lead other school activities. Evenings are the best time to try to reach them on the phone.

House Tutors

Tilda Emlyn-Williams

Anna Berry

Melissa Clinton

Jay Jones

 

Matrons

Sharon Curtis

Julie Edmonds

Debbie Porter